Friday, February 12, 2010

Chopin at the Père Lachaise

If you are also a visitor to Virginia's Paris Through my Lens blog, you may have noticed that we often share the same places and as I liked a lot her yesterday pictures of the Père Lachaise cemetery it inspired me for today's post. Here is a this picture of Chopin's grave in that cemetery which is only 10 minutes walk from my apartment. It is also a way of celebrating Chopin's 200 birthday and if you like Chopin I advise a great French pianist Alexandre Tharaud and his record "Chopin - Journal Intime" (click on link to listen).

3 comments:

Harriet said...

J'adore la musique de M. Chopin. I play the piano and I am currently working on some Chopin pieces.

I love the angle of your photo. Much bettert than the photo I took when I was there.

You and Virginia certainly know how to 'create wonderful photos!"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia said...

Oh Laurent, what you don't know is that I work for pianist Michael Dulin. He has been after me for many trips to see Pere Lachaise. Well I finally did as you know, but now he is miffed because I have NO composer's graves to show for it. I will send him right here to your blog. You will make the Maestro very very happy!

PS Thanks for the mention. I'm very flattered.