Friday, May 7, 2010

Hotel de Sully : renovation done

This beautiful "Hotel Particulier" (mansion) was built between 1625 and 1630. It is located in the Marais quarter and is certainly one of the most beautiful mansion in Paris. It can be visited and for the past year is has been all covered by renovation works. All works are now over and it looks gorgeous, doesn't it ? I already posted a picture of the inside garden. One nice thing to do if you're in Paris is to enter the building and accross the garden and the courtyard you can go out on the back which leads you right in the Place des Voges.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! The interiors have to be fantastic! The garden à la française surely is!

Amanda said...

It is beautiful as well as the gardens.

Leif Hagen said...

What a fantastic building! Fun to catch up on your recent photos!
bon weekend

Harriet said...

This is one place that I did go to. You're right, it is a pleasant entry onto Place des Vosges.

The French family with whom I was staying lived very close by. Wasn't I the lucky one???

Starman said...

My last apartment was just across the street from Hôtel de Sully.

♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said...

I agree, gorgeous!! The word that immediately came to mind was "pristine."

Polly said...

Ahhh, how wonderful to see it again! I will return to Paris in a few weeks, when there I live just around the corner from Hotel Sully. I look forward to seeing this beautiful facade rather than skirting through the scaffolding...

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» would like to see this again! He lived on rue-Saint-Antoine very near Hôtel Sully in 2005.

Virginia said...

I"ve never entrered from the street. Oui, it's lovely now. The gardens are lovely. I love the gift shop as well! :)
V