Friday, March 25, 2011

La Nouvelle Athènes 3



We are still in the Nouvelle Athénes area today and more precisely in a place called "Square d'Orléans". This big private courtyard has a great charm and holds very pretty buildings where as you can see on the little pictures, Frédéric Chopin and Georges Sand lived for a few years. It's a place easy to miss as you must enter through a door located at number 80 of the rue Taibout and it's often closed as it is private. I was lucky to find the door open so I can share this with you. 

3 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Thanks for sharing it with us. It looks like a lovely area!

Joy said...

I absolutely love your commentary. I can't wait to see your next photo just to read your comment. The pics are perfection by the way!

Harriet said...

I trekked all the way to Nohant to see George Sand's country home, so I definitely need to put this on my list of places to see. As you know, I'm a big fan of Chopin as well.