Monday, November 29, 2010

Les Grandes Serres du Jardin Des Plantes


After years of work, the big Greenhouses located in the Jardin des Plantes (one of Paris gardens) near the Natural History Museum have reopened last summer. I did my first visit yesterday and I was delighted by the work done. You can visit 4 greenhouses full of tropical plants and very well explained. The buildings are gorgeous, the oldest greenhouse was built in 1714 and the gig metal structure ones like this one where built at the beginning of the 19th century. A nice place to visit if you're in town .

2 comments:

Virginia said...

And warmer too! I've seen this from the outside but never gone in. Thanks for taking us Laurent. It is beautiful.

La neige à Paris?? Magnifique!!

The Armchair Parisian said...

I've visited here many years ago and it is indeed beautiful. I will have to note it on my list of things to see again...