Friday, January 21, 2011

Green street


Grass in the middle of the street ! That is how the Tramway route is designed and it is a good thing in a so busy city. The Tramway has been back in Paris since December 2006 in the south part of the city where I took this picture near "Porte d'Orleans". Its route is following what we call "les Marechaux" which are the boulevards circling Paris and named after army officer ( Maréchal is a military rank). The first route was completed in 2006 and goes along the 15th, 14th and 13th arrondissements. Now they are building the second part going on along the 12th, 20th, 19th and 18th arrondissement. If you're interested, the official Paris Tramway Website is available in English here.

By the way, thanks for your sweet comment on my "anniversaire" post. I am happy when I read that people from all over the world have a look on my blog and seem to like it. Thanks again !

8 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

This looks really good, because this is so unexpected! Green is welcome anywhere, especially in a busy and congested city like Paris..

Luis Gomez said...

Great! I love seeing images of Paris.

Virginia said...

That is great. I've never seen this. Thanks for sharing it Laurent!
V

Amanda said...

I used to live in l'Hay-les-Roses and Porte d'Orleans was my main gateway to Paris. I must return some day.

Starman said...

I LOVE the trams in Paris, but I've only ridden the number 3 ligne.

Harriet said...

What a great idea. I'm betting that this idea is original to Paris.

Starman said...

@Harriet....sorry but it's not original to Paris. Most European cities have trams and have had them for many years. Paris had trams before. but opted to go with buses. Now they are back and I, for one, am very happy the city fathers made that decision.

PeterParis said...

A very nice green shot!!