Friday, June 25, 2010

Lunch time at the Madeleine church


Yesterday as I was passing by La Madeleine church going to a meeting I couldn't help taking a picture of the people having lunch on the stairs where this year they've put all these flowers.
Now, showing you the giant columns of the Church entrance I realize that I've never posted any picture of it so far.
Today we are welcoming our friends from Canada and the weather is finally hot and sunny which will give me photo opportunities while showing them the city.Have a great week-end everyone !

9 comments:

SRQ said...

Beautiful capture. The people walking by the columns really give perspective on the size of the structure. Looks very inviting with everyone sitting outside enjoying the sunshine.

Amanda said...

I used to shop at Fauchon and Hediard but I never took the time to go inside the Madeleine. I am so happy for you that the weather is finally summery. Enjoy your weekend too!

Sharon said...

Another photo to bring back pleasant memories! The massive columns on this church are just amazing. The inside is beautiful. Have a great weekend!

Starman said...

They've had those flowers for a long time. They can be seen inthis video I took several years ago. http://www.livevideo.com/media/playvideo_fs.aspx?fs=1&cid=E846C8494A0D45B68741871FC4FA4AD3

Louis la Vache said...

La Madeleine is one of «Louis'» favorite spots in Paris. It doesn't hurt that Fauchon and Heidiard are nearby! This is a fine photo, Laurent!

Harriet said...

Thanks for the photo. This is the first time that I've seen flowers there.

Wasn't the funeral for Chopin held at La Madeleine?

Dianne said...

What a pretty site - I got lost in Paris on a bus - and went round and round this church and in the end the driver let me off to go to the most fabulous toilets in all of Paris just on the right of your pic. Art nouveau I think.
Great photo !!
Dianne

Leif Hagen said...

That's a fantastic garden of RED & WHITE flowers! Must be a great place for a bag lunch break!

Virginia said...

I was right there on Monday for a wonderful choral concert for Fête de la Musique! A very special evening at this lovely church.
V