Friday, March 20, 2009

La Complainte de la Butte


Still in Montmartre today with a view of the Rue Saint Vincent and its nice homes facing the Montmatre vineyard.
This post is called "La Complainte de la Butte" which is the title of an old French song written in 1955 by Jean Renoir for his movie called "French Cancan" (Jean Renoir, movie director, was one of the 2 sons of Auguste Renoir, the painter). The song tells a story happening in Montmatre on the rue Saint Vincent. This song is now part of the popular old French songs. You can hear it and see it in movie on YouTube : "French Cancan"

7 comments:

VP said...

Good story, thanks for the link!

Virginia said...

Ahh the vineyard. I got a nice shot of it from the street. Are you allowed inside ? I'd like to see more of it. Guess I was too preoccupied to notice these homes. Lovely!
V

Lowell said...

I'll take all the photos of Paree I can get! Such beauty!

James said...

Another part of Paris that I missed on the last trip.

Thanks for the pictures.

Laurent said...

To Virginia : no, you're not allowed to go inside the vineyard.

Laurent said...

To all : thanks a lot for your comments on my pictures. I really appreciate reading them every day.

Jill said...

What a beautiful shot. I love the sunlight on the buildings. Such a welcoming feel.