Thursday, July 22, 2010

King Henri IV statue by Castelbajac


I did not have the time to post this picture I took before my vacations and now even if this special "event" on king Henri IV statue has been over since July 14th I thought the picture was good to be posted. Actually during a few weeks the statue, located on the "Cité Isle", has been given a "space" look by fashion designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac who had been ask by the Ministry of Culture to create something for the statue in order to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the king's death.
He then created this surrounding with neon lights and a space saber  in the king's arm which really looked nice  when night came.

6 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks a bit surreal.

Virginia said...

I know the French have us Alabamians coming and going in the "artsy fartsy" world, but this doesn't do it for me. Some things are better left alone! :)

Starman said...

I love it. Can you imagine the panic if the real King Henri had had a light sabre?

Amanda said...

Starman you're funny, I can envision it! Actually I think the effect is very cool; I like it too!

hop on hop off Paris bus tour said...

nice picture!
I have to say it does have a striking resembles to a still from a hollywood flick with a warrior being transported in time ;)

Unknown said...

Castelbajac surely knew how to do it. It's fantastic!