Friday, May 15, 2009

Le Géant Isoré


This giant named "Isoré" can be found on the wall of a primary school in the 14th arrondissement on the corner of the Rue d'Alésia and Rue de la Tombe Issoire. This giant come from a legend from the Roman period when Paris was called Lutèce. The most common legend says that he was a kind of bandit robbing people on their way to the city of Orléans.
This giant was created by an artist called Corinne Béoust based on the children's drawings and suggestions. As you may guess, some of the neighbours where not happy with this big giant standing on the wall but it's been there since may 2007 and as far as I am concerned I like it a lot. 

11 comments:

Lowell said...

Fascinating! I'm not sure I like it at all...maybe it grows on you...certainly it is unrepresentative of most Paris sculpture...

Nice shot!

VP said...

Beautiful isn't, but I really like the idea.

Mo said...

Now that is something I haven't seen. Will look for it next visit.

cieldequimper said...

Tiens, je n'ai jamais poussé assez loin dans le XVè, je ne connaissais pas, c'est rigolo !

Unknown said...

This is absolutely cool! Love it!

B SQUARED said...

Most unusual. Takes a bit of getting used to.

martha said...

I think it's wonderful. I've put it on my list of things to see next time.

Harriet said...

Hi Laurent, if you see a large gathering of people à Paris ce dimanche, it might be related to this:

http://itsallmaya.com/

This blog is written by a friend of mine who lives here in Charleston.

henny said...

I like it, it adds some touch to the neighborhood, despite the fact that people maybe worried it can fall sometime. What is it made from?

Laurent said...

@ Henny : He's made of polystyrene and fibres

henny said...

Merci